19.10.53

Pope Joan/ Die Papstin (2009)

Director : Sonke Wortmann

I'm always be a big fan of the historical movies. My favourites are The other boleynn girls, King Arthur and The Davince codes. When "Pope Joan" was in cinema, I was intend to watch it, but unfortunately i missed.

There wasn't many suggestions from other people about this movie, unlike other huge production movie (as i thought that this movie was very interesting and must have a very good production) , so my willing to see was slowly faded.

I've just watched the DVD a week ago. And I have to say that it's really worth it.

The story is about a little girl, Joanna, who was a daughter of a local priest. She was talented and truly had faith in the Catholicism. She at last ascended to the most powerful position in Vaticans, a pope. Among her tough life, there're many obstracts to get through, of course, to conceal the secret that she was a girl was one of it.

Joanna Wokalek as Pope Joan have done a really great acting, from a bright clever young Joan to the powerful caring pope to the beloved miserable pope at the end. Her character was really impressed and inspired me.

Another admiration is the costume design. They were nominated in many awards. The set is also incredibly outstanding. My favourite scene was the meeting hall in St.Peter which decorated by color marble coloumns bordering each niches. They greatly added the sense of Catholic power into the space.


Although, this movie didn't grow by word of mouth, but I found that the movie was touched. The great production could obviously raise the goodness of the movie.

You may find a joy of watching this movie is just like you are walking in the chic Hitorical art gallery!!!

f a h 20.10.10

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น